At Shift, we believe conversations and relationships are at the heart of the work we do. Our Mindshift programme is all about transforming the way we do things to enable change, and courageous conversations play a pivotal role in allowing us to challenge the status quo.
If you find it hard to tackle tricky topics and wish you could have those conversations with ease this is the course for you.
More than just a workshop, you’ll have the space to discover and explore what it takes to have courageous conversations and achieve the outcomes you want. You’ll come away feeling braver and more proactive about taking on difficult topics which can cut through barriers and obstacles as well as building more cooperative relationships.
We will cover:
- Why courage in conversation is good leadership
- How the facts become your best friends
- Nailing down the ‘why’ as your anchor
- Being comfortably uncomfortable
- Searching for agreement, without making someone compromise
- Not being something you’re not
- A five-step model for creating courageous conversations
You’ll learn how to:
- Address why we don’t have more clear, direct, courageous conversations
- Remove emotion and steer conversation helpfully
- Keep a difficult conversation on track
- Understand your feelings, to keep in control and help others do the same
- Lead others to avoid the need to flee difficult dialogue
- Be yourself when it would otherwise feel alien
- Follow a process which will reach a suitable conclusion
Who’s running it?
Clare Haynes is an expert in facilitating conversations and learning, getting to the heart of tricky issues and achieving positive outcomes. With more than 25 years of management experience and a background in work psychology, as a conference speaker, coach and facilitator, Clare helps others to confidently lead workplace change. Practical common-sense and simple principles, harnessed by open and creative dialogue, saves time and energy in getting to the brunt of what it takes to do the right thing.
Sounds great, how do I sign up?
You can find out more about upcoming dates by getting in touch with us using the contact form below.